- Our School
- What's On?
- Photo Gallery
- Our People
- Contact Us
Reporting to Parents
At Tauranga Primary School it is acknowledged that encouragement and support from parents and carers are important elements in the learning process.
It is vital that parents and caregvers are well informed. Reporting to parents and carers occurs through:
- Setting the Scene: parent information evening held at the beginning of each year
- Learning Conferences: Terms 1 and 3
- Written reports: part of the Term 3 Learning Conference and End of Year summative report
- Assessment Data: shared as necessary ongoing throughout the year.
- Sharing learning experiences as they happen via our online learning management system (KnowledgeNET).
- Parent information evenings eg How you can help at home with Reading
- Informal conversations throughout the year.
- New Entrant, School Entry Assessment: This is shared with parents after 6 weeks of schooling.
- 6 Year Net - information from this assessment is shared with parents soon after your child has turned 6 years old.
National Standards came into effect in English-medium schools with pupils in Years 1 to 8 in 2010. The standards set expectations that students need to meet in reading, writing, and mathematics in the first eight years at school.
To view the National Standards for each year level please click the following links: